In the Philippines, an entry level Marketing Assistant salary may range from P9,000 - P15,000.
Basic Educational Requirement
In order to become a Marketing Assistant, one must have at least a bachelor's degree. Although some employers prefer employees who have a broad education, many choose those with Associate's/Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, preferably major in Marketing and must have taken subjects in finance, statistics and advertising.
Cost of Education *
A bachelor's degree would cost around P3,500 to P40,000 per semester in different educational institutions.
The employment outlook for Marketing Assistant is extremely bright if they can convert good chances into opportunities to showcase their talent. Good communication and educational background help in finding the right prospects to breakthrough in the field of marketing.
Prospects for Career Advancement
A Marketing Assistant can be promoted as Marketing/Advertising Officer in the long run. He/she should possess ability and knowledge apart from other Marketing Assistant to be promoted to a higher position like Marketing Executive and from there, to a Marketing Manager.
Nature of Work
A Marketing Assistant is part of a marketing team that assists, analyzes, plans, utilizes, and implements marketing strategies by developing various elements essential for the growth of a company.
- Completes sales-related and marketing administrative projects that include running marketing and sales reports, conducting research on company and other assignments in database;
- Provides assistance in terms of logistics to events like seminars and trade shows;
- Assists in writing and editing sales and marketing materials, which include articles, presentations, white papers, and collateral;
- Provides assistance in creating and enhancing the campaign list;
- Maintains project tracking spread sheets and business line marketing calendars;
- Provides administrative aid for various projects related to market, which includes project meetings schedule, minutes of meeting, transcribes notes and composes memos;
- Develops media packs as well as conducting conferences and trade shows;
- Serves as liaison between advertising agencies and the company, print suppliers, freelance talent, and various marketing services;
- Prepares press releases, company newsletter and event announcements;
- Updates company headlines and news in the corporate website;
- Assists in the promotional strategies and product development;
- Prepares invitations, event agenda, track payments or refunds and registration forms for events;
- Provides personal and administrative support to directors. The support includes running errands, coordinating travel arranging, prepare appointments and agendas;
- Generates trade show passes, thank you letters, form letters for mailing mass brochures to the company prospective customers;
- Manages marketing and media event budgets and arranging preparatory meetings for trade shows and seminars;
- Coordinates catered events for client visits and staff events along with dinners, beach, parties, luncheons, happy hours, picnics, and cubs; and
- Validates and fulfills request for information and marketing, tracking mails and request.
Skills and Competencies
- Must have wide knowledge in business management;
- Knowledge in Marketing plan, strategies and development;
- Excellent copyright skills and able to rework on technical aspects for a broad range of audience;
- Possess skills in project management;
- Capable of writing reports, procedures and business correspondence;
- Well built skills in organization, prioritization and time management;
- Knowledge and ability to conduct samplings;
- Knowledge and ability to accommodate and persuade clients;
- Must have knowledge in creating effective campaigns and projects;
- Ability to create unique campaigns;
- Ability to communicate well with other team members;
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time;
- Must have a wide range of knowledge of the business;
- Should have product awareness and knowledge of current and potential customer; and
- Ability to work under pressure and can meet deadlines.
Physical Attributes and Characteristics
- Enthusiastic, flexible, professional, a team player, possess a "can-do" attitude;
- Creative and keen to details;
- Highly motivated and energetic; and
- Commercially aware and responsible.
* Based on tuition fee rates for school year 2011-2012.