Market Research Analyst
Market Research Analysts usually receive salaries around PhP20,000 to Php30,000.
Basic Educational Requirement
A bachelor's degree in Marketing is usually looked for by employers to prospective Market Research Analysts. However, equivalent degrees such as Business and Economics courses may also be required.
Cost of Education *
A degree in Marketing or other related courses varies between a public and private school. In a public university, the tuition fee is only around P3,500 per semester, whereas in a private school, fees may range from P25,000 to P45,000 per semester.
Market Research Analysts are employed throughout the economy because of the applicability of market research to many industries. Industries that employ the largest number of Market Research Analysts were management of companies and enterprises; management of scientific, and technical consulting services under the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry.
Other companies who employ Market Research Analysts are the following: insurance carriers; credit intermediation and related activities; computer systems design and related services; marketing research and public opinion polling; software publishers; professional and commercial equipment and supplies merchant wholesalers; securities and commodity contracts intermediation and brokerage; and advertising and related services.
Prospects for Career Advancement
An experience Market Research Analyst will be assigned to his or her own project. Marketing Research Analysts who want to advance to higher level positions should take continuing education courses for their advancement, and to keep up with the newest methods of developing, conducting, and analyzing surveys and other data.
Nature of Work
A Market Research Analyst is responsible in providing the latest various mobile platforms and industry trends, markets, financials and statistical data to the Management.
- Collects and analyzes data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand;
- Prepares reports, illustrates data graphically and translates complex findings into written text;
- Seeks and provides information to help the company determine its position in the marketplace;
- Forecasts and tracks marketing and sales trends, and analyzes collected data;
- Measures the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies; and
- Prepares presentation materials and marketing collaterals and other materials needed for submission.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent English communication skills – understanding, writing, speaking;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications;
- Technical knowledge about computers, internet and related features; and
- Good presentation skills.
Physical Attributes and Characteristics
- Must be very proactive, meticulous and responsible;
- Must have very good attention qualities;
- Able to undertake quick in depth qualitative analysis; and
- Able to handle multiple projects at the same time and work on under tight deadlines.
* Based on tuition fee rates for school year 2011-2012.