The National Employment Recovery Strategy (NERS) 2021-2022 serves as the government’s masterplan for the recovery of the labor market adversely affected by the pandemic. Its implementation through the NERS Task Force was first conceived on 5 February 2021, before it was instituted by the President on 25 June 2021 through Executive Order No. 140.
Anchored on the Updated Philippine Development Plan 2017-2022 and ReCharge.PH, the NERS takes a whole-of-society approach in the development and implementation of a national strategy that addresses the social and economic issues arising from the lingering pandemic.
The Task Force, composed of 20 government agencies led by DTI, DOLE, and TESDA, meets with employer groups, labor sector representatives, and other civil society organizations to address pressing concerns affecting the labor market and to enter into collaborations tackling these issues.
Its objectives are:
- To create a policy environment that encourages generation of more employment and entrepreneurship opportunities
- To improve employability and productivity of workers
- To provide support to existing and emerging businesses.
On 1 May 2021, during the TGER-NERS Job Summit on Labor Day, the Task Force formally presented its 8-Point Employment Recovery Agenda, which included priority actions structured along the four target outcomes of the NERS operational framework: restarting economic activities, restoring consumer and business confidence, upgrading and retooling the workforce, and facilitating labor market access.
The NERS Task Force is guided by this framework which puts businesses and workers at the center of a whole of society approach to achieve the following outcomes in an enabling environment supported by good governance and infrastructure:
- Restarting economic activities,
- Restoring business and consumer confidence,
- Upgrading and retooling the workforce, and
- Facilitating labor market access
- Executive Order No. 140 - Adopting the National Employment Recovery Strategy (NERS) 2021-2022 and Reinforcing Job-Generating Programs through the NERS Task Force
- Joint Memorandum Circular No. 001-2021 - Constituting the Inter-Agency Task Force on the National Employment Recovery Strategy 2021-2023
- NERS Resolution No. 01, Series of 2021 - Adopting the Proposal for the Inclusion of Preference for Locally-Manufactured Products in the Terms of Reference of Government Procurement
- NERS Resolution No. 02, Series of 2021 - Enabling Cross-Referencing of Programs and Services Among NERS Task Force Agencies
- NERS Resolution No. 01, Series of 2022 - Enjoining Local Government Units to Adopt the NERS Framework in Employment Recovery and Local Workforce Development Initiatives
- 1st Periodic Report of the National Employment Recovery Strategy (NERS) Task Force Under Executive Order No. 140, Series of 2021
- 2nd Periodic Report of the National Employment Recovery Strategy (NERS) Task Force Under Executive Order No. 140, Series of 2021
- 3rd Periodic Report of the National Employment Recovery Strategy (NERS) Task Force Under Executive Order No. 140, Series of 2021
JOB SUMMIT 2022
JOB SUMMIT 2021
- Job Summit Proceedings Report
- Labor Market Trends: Job Summit: A Whole-of-Society Approach Towards Employment Recovery
- Labor Sector Agenda Towards Employment Recovery
- Business Sector Agenda Towards Employment Recovery
- Reform. Rebound. Recover: One Million Jobs for 2021 Manifesto
- Beyond 1 Million Jobs: Create. Sustain. Transform
- ILO, DOLE ink agreement to help workers return to work safely and digitally
- Job Summit 2022 moves beyond initiatives from pandemic recovery
- DOLE presents NERS during ASEAN-US Dialogue on Trade, Labor
- NERS approves streamlined agenda for 2022
- NERS consults labor groups on updated agenda
- Duterte signs order formalizing adoption of NERS employment recovery agenda
- NERS preliminary report reveals over 1 million Filipinos provided with work-related assistance in 2021, so far
- Employment Recovery Strategy Laid Out at Labor Day Job Summit
- In the Pipeline: Whole-of-Society Job Summit in Pursuit of Employment Revival
- DOLE-Proposed Wage Subsidy to Form Part of Employment Recovery Strategy
- DOLE Sets in Motion Employment Recovery Plan as Economy Rebounds