The program assists poor but deserving students and out-of-school youths intending to pursue their education by encouraging employment during summer, Christmas vacation or any time of the year for students in the tertiary, technical, or vacational level.
Students/Out-of-School Youth (OSY)
- At least 15 years of age but not more than 25 years old
- Average passing grade during the last school year/term attended
- Combined net income after tax of parents, including his/her own income, if any, must not exceed the latest annual regional poverty threshold level for a family of six (6) as determined and provided by the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA)
Any dependent of displaced or about to be displaced workers due to business closures or work stoppages as reported to DOLE, may also apply under the SPES provided he/she meets the qualifications.
- Any person or entity employing at least 10 persons, including private establishments, national government agencies, LGUs, government-owned or controlled corporations, educational institutions, labor unions and other similar organizations and associations may participate in the program.
WHERE TO APPLY
Public Employment Service Office (PESO) having jurisdiction over their residence
- Duly accomplished SPES Application Form (SPES Form 1)
- Copy of birth certificate
- Certificate by the School Registrar as to: - last enrollment; and - average passing grade or a copy of the original class card or Form 138
- Copy of the latest income tax return (ITR) of the applicant's parents or certification issued by BIR that the parents are exempted from payment of tax or certificate of indigency issued by the Barangay where the SPES applicant resides
- For OSY, certificate of good moral character issued by the authorized barangay official where the OSY resides.
Pledges containing the number of vacancies, including the qualification requirements to the DOLE through the PESO having jurisdiction over their place of business.
Download SPES materials here:
For more information about this program,
visit the nearest PESO in your area or,
the DOLE Regional, Provincial and District Offices, or, call:
Bureau of Local Employment
Tels.: 528-0108 • 527-2539